Review #41: Dalwhinnie 15 Year
Age: 15 Year
Color: 0.9, Amontillado Sherry. Natural Color and Non-Chill Filtered.
Nose (according to the wife): Very sweet with lots of fresh flowers and fresh quince.
Palate: As the nose suggests, it is a sweet dram. There’s definitely sherry in here and it’s accompanied by honey and some fresh fruits in the form of quince and citrus. It’s very smooth.
Finish: Short, doesn’t linger one bit. There’s a bit more citrus and honey.
Conclusion: One of my Scotch loving co-workers loves this stuff so I figured I’d try it out. On the whole, it’s decent. It’s really easy to drink and the fresh fruits are nice in the palate. However, it is really straightforward and, well, boring. Nothing about it is particularly memorable or outstanding. Would I buy another bottle? Not at $49.
Final Score: 76
Scotch whisky review #41, Highland review #10, Whisky Network Review #58
- 96-100: The perfect dram, nectar of the gods.
- 90-95: Near perfect, there is something truly special about this whisky.
- 85-89: Amazing, will always try to keep a bottle of this in my collection.
- 80-84: Very Good, maybe only one minor nitpick about the whisky keeping it here.
- 75-79: Good, quite enjoyable to drink.
- 70-74: Solid, wouldn’t go out of my way to get it.
- 60-69: Meh, still drinkable.
- Below 59: If you have a bottle of this, start cooking with it instead.