WW Review #11: Crown Royal
Price: $3 for a miniature
Color: 1.3, Russet, Muscat.
Nose (according to the wife): Smells like maple syrup! Wife actually thought it smelled a lot like the Pancakes & Waffles Halo Top she was enjoying.
Palate: Smooth. Cereal mash sweetness along with maple syrup.
Finish: Short in length. The main note, as you may suspect, was maple syrup.
Conclusion: I picked this up on a whim figuring I’d see why this is so popular. In the market I live in, you’re more likely to find Crown Royal and its variants stashed behind the counter while far more delicious/expensive whiskies are out on the normal shelves. I have to say, it’s not bad. It’s just bland. There’s not a whole lot going on in here other than the maple syrup (can you be more stereotypical?) but it’s easy to drink.
Final Score: 67
World Whisky review #11, Canadian Whisky Review #1, Whisky Network Review #46
- 96-100: The perfect dram, nectar of the gods.
- 90-95: Near perfect, there is something truly special about this whisky.
- 85-89: Amazing, will always try to keep a bottle of this in my collection.
- 80-84: Very Good, maybe only one minor nitpick about the whisky keeping it here.
- 75-79: Good, quite enjoyable to drink.
- 70-74: Solid, wouldn’t go out of my way to get it.
- 60-69: Meh, still drinkable.
- Below 59: If you have a bottle of this, start cooking with it instead.