Review #14: Dalmore 12 Year
Price: $14/dram (at a bar)
Nose: Super strong on the solvent with a little hint of citrus. Really reminds me of Goo-Gone. Extremely unpleasant.
Palate: Palate is sweet but not very. You get a the citrus seemingly two ways, fresh and marmalade, along with some Japanese black sugar candies. Not bad.
Finish: Finish medium-short. A bit dry too.
Conclusion: I was extremely, extremely disappointed by this whisky. While the palate was decent, the nose was horrific and the finish was nothing to write home about. I expected more from Dalmore, perhaps I expected too much. This gets the honor of being the worst whisky I’ve reviewed so far to date…
Final Score: 65
Scotch whisky review #14, Highland review #5, Whisky Network Review #15
- 96-100: The perfect dram, nectar of the gods.
- 90-95: Near perfect, there is something truly special about this whisky.
- 85-89: Amazing, will always try to keep a bottle of this in my collection.
- 80-84: Very Good, maybe only one minor nitpick about the whisky keeping it here.
- 75-79: Good, quite enjoyable to drink.
- 70-74: Solid, wouldn’t go out of my way to get it.
- 60-69: Meh, still drinkable.
- Below 59: If you have a bottle of this, start cooking with it instead.
One thought on “Dalmore 12 Year”